Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Silly Simple Summer Must-Haves


Silly simple summer must-haves



Floral print dress, $110
Steve Madden platform sandals, $100
Kate Spade shoulder handbag, $398
London Fog wrap jewelry, $125
Dolce&Gabbana metal aviator sunglasses, $290
Juicy Couture silk shawl, $68


1. Maxi Dress:

Prior to popular belief that maxi dresses only look good on tall people is.....WRONG! I find that it also looks amazing on a petite and small frame that I proudly carry around! I'm currently loving the ones from TopShop. Especially ones that cinch right below the chest; giving a little bit of definition to your petite body!

2. Wedges:

I'm all about wedges in the spring/summer! Very cute and summery alternative to heels this time of year. And why NOT switch it up? Always fun. I'm currently obsessed in LOVE with these simple Steve Madden wedges. You can dress them up or down. A great summer investment piece.

3.  Aviators:

Although, i'm not all about the classic aviator by, let's say, RayBan- I AM totally into more gun metal/topgun 80's pilot aviators. I just purchases a pair of unisex D&G aviators that i'm in LOVE with. They go so well with my face shape. Cool enough for the day and hot enough for the night.

4. Wrap Watches:

Specifically La Mer's collection. I love the busyness of it all with the layers of wraps and chains. Shall we call it, "arm swag" ? Actually i'm all about watches as of late, which is funny because before 2012 I wouldn't take a second look at one. I love and adore my tiny white bow watch from Badley Mischka. And i've also been vying for an oversized men's watch that will fit my tiny wrist.

5. Silk Squares:

Always a summer fav of mine. They're just adorable. I love to put my hair up and then finish by tying this atop it. Rihanna chic. They're also fun to tie around the neck via 60's, the wrist as more "arm swag", fold over the pocket of an oxford shirt as a pocket square, use your imagination/creativity!

6. TOTES wanting a Tote

I've been on the search for the perfect summer tote and for some reason Kate Spade NYC always seems to catch my eye. This is so cute and perfect for the summer time. I came across a purse similar to this one a few years back at Guess but second guessed myself on the purchase and regretted it ever since. So you can imagine my giddy face when I saw one made by Kate Spade! A little more expensive but a good summer tote to invest in!

Happy shopping, readers!

xoxo

Kouture
  

No comments:

Post a Comment