Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Forward

Hello readers!

Today was the first day in my town that it really felt like spring! How I love it and missed it. Spring brings my (22nd) birthday, warmness to New Mexico, spring break and a step closer to summer time!

A few things that have caught my eye for the season are...... (drum-roll, please)

1. Round Sunglasses

I honestly have never been one for the trend but, as seen this season, if done right- I can dig it.

wildfox


Tommy Hilfiger 
(IN LOVE!!!!!!)


2. Spring Coat

Just a light, slightly long coat that sways with the spring wind and just right enough to keep the chill away. In love. Although, most I found are not in my price range, this one from Banana Republic is reasonable!


Banana Republic

3. Feature Film Tid-Bits

A few trends I've picked up (and kept) from some up coming feature films for this summer!

First, I never thought i'd do a post on any other GG besides Gossip Girl, but this summer's Great Gatsby has me going on the 20's flapper headbands! I can't get enough of Daisy's Do! I found a ton of cute, flapper-esk gaudy headbands for cheap at Clair's and Icing in my local mall. 


Second, I can't get enough of Oz. The amazing cast. The black and white to color transformation. The use of the other characters. The 3D effects. The COLOR of the year. The whole movie was one of the most amazing I've ever seen. I highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it! (in 3D only, of course)
But what i've been stuck on is the make up! Urban Decay came out with some limited edition Oz palettes. With my light skin, eyes and hair i'd probably have more to do with the Glenda (good witch) Palette. But the Theodora (bad witch) just looks like so much more fun. I guess bad things always do.....
Urban Decay
(Sephora Stores, Ulta Stores)

4. Bag of the Season

Okay, Okay- I tried SO hard to stray from the winter/christmas Michael Kors trend. Even my grandma now owns something from the metallic jetset or grayson collection. Let's be real. HOWEVER, this new spring line is so......spring? The gold studs, the yellow.....You had me at MICHAEL. You win my heart again Mr. Kors.....Not only is this clutch good for spring in the way of style, it's a good bag to bring to parties with you for just the essentials (so you're not lugging around a huge tote). It's also affordable!

5. Nicki, Nicki, Nicki

You've done it again, Nicki. You made me fall in LOVE with your new lipstick. I'm a lipstick fanatic. Especially when it comes to M.A.C. I love to (try) to pull off outrageous shades and I think that the new Nicki shade is the outrages look I want for the spring. 


6. Lifestyle Pick

Weird, I know, but i'm obsessed with getting a juicer lately. I will own one! It sounds so clean and fresh for the summer. Breakfast would be awesome, snacks, coming up with sneak ways to get in my daily fix for fruits and veggies. Pintrest recipes anyone? 




Happy Shopping!

XOXO,










No comments:

Post a Comment