Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Fall Favs

I always get excited for season changes, because in my book that means one thing besides awful allergies......Wardrobe switch up! I can trade in the Daisy Dukes for some neutral leather leggings or some tailored skinnies from J.Crew.

A few favs i'm looking forward to.....

1. Thigh highs
They seem to get taller and taller as I get older or as fashion emerges in this town. From ankle booties a few years back to the knee-highs I finally gave into from Aldo last year and this year I dare to brave the thigh highs. Only when done right though. You don't want to look like Julia Robert's in Pretty Woman walking the streets of L.A. prostituting! ...OR like Sandra Bullock crazily stalking the gorgeous Bradley Cooper in All About Steve. I look up to Kourtney and Kim in NYC when they are rocking the thigh-highs......Well done! You don't want to let them over power you, especially if you're as petite and short as Kourtney Kardashian. A factor in these are definitely price for me, being a college student. Leather is expensive! Especially when it goes all the way up your thighs! A good brand that is both affordable and stylish for these are Chinese Laundry.

                                                                     Wrong way #1:
(even if these are knee-highs.....still wrong)

Wrong way #2: 

Right way!!




A few other fashion pieces i'm looking forward to are...


2. Peplum Tops

It's the fall way to do this summer's trend of the Peplum dresses. Paired with a cute pair of leggings and booties (possibly a cardigan...) and you've got yourself the perfect fall outfit!

This cute top is found at one of my favorite websites
www.topshop.com


3. Sneaks obsession

I am completely obsessed with these new Alexander sneaks by Sam Edelman. I will be adding them to my collection shortly! I'm in love with the spikes and chains. 

These can be purchases at another one of my favs...

www.nastygal.com



4. Trench

I was completely inspired and now a firm believer in the trench coat after my 2011 trip to NYC to attend Teen Vogue's Fashion U while hearing the key note speaker talk in the famous Hudson Theater, Mr. Michael Kors, himself. His camel coats from last year's collection are perfect for fall to throw on on a chilly night of events. 

This one can be found at www.topshop.com as well!



Happy Shopping!





KOUTURE

  





No comments:

Post a Comment